Friday, January 19, 2007

My life in 2006 - on the American continent. Part 2

January 01, 2007 -

New Year's Day!!! 2007 has finally arrive. I pondered and thought about alot of things today. Oh yes! I forgot to mention, because we stayed up to play Phase 10 last night, the three of us did not wake up till 2pm. It was something else, and I did have fun! We went out for steam boat and we also went to temple square.

January 02, 2007 -

Audge came and picked me up in Provo. Poor Audge was sicked. She has been such a great friend to me, and I really do not know how to thank her. I love her!!! I was glad to finally be able to see Daniel and Peter again. I love them too. They are simply the best. We went to Cafe Rio for dinner. After dinner Daniel and I had a battle of sweets and pens in the car. It was fun!
I went to bed early, so Audge and I can prepared to leave early for Rexburg tomorrow.

January 03, 2007 -

We left Farmington at 1pm. We went over to pay Grandma and Grandpa a last visit and to pick up some toliet roll before hitting the road. We also picked up Jessica along the way. It was a scenic drive and we had fun along the way up here. We talked about countless things, most of which I cannot even rememeber now, but I remember it to be fun. We arrive in Rexburg 3 hours later.

January 04, 2007 -

Rexburg indeed is different from where I have been. It is alot colder and there is snow and ice everywhere I go. I am surprised that they do not plow their roads and side walks. I do not understand the logic behind it, because in a place such as Rexburg, you would think it is wise to invest in some snow plouging machines but apparent the city beg to differ. More often than not, it is a challenge to have to walk to school or to anywhere else. People have to walk on ice and do balancing acts of all sorts. It is not surprising to see people fall on their bums. If I might say so, I have almost fell once or twice.

January 05, 2007 -

I finally got to set foot on the Idaho campus. We went to a welcome back school dance. It was eye opening. There were alot of people present, and if I might say so, it is indeed a weird feeling to be part of a minority. It almost became an instanteous reaction, everytime I walked into a room, I would always notice, I am the only asian. The feeling is very different, and sometimes I feel like an outsider looking into the world of the Americans.

January 06, 2007 -

We were going to go sludding, but decided not to, because it was dreadfully cold outside. It was snowing and everywhere was covered with snow. The cars are all covered with snow and they look like giant mashmellow. The roads sparkle under the moonlight and the roads looks like they are being covered with stardust. Life is good.

January 07, 2007 -

I went to church with Audge. We went to the Taylor buliding for church, and I must say, I am not quite used to being a minority. The sunday school lesson was not too bad, but the teacher was going too fast for my liking. Her name is C. C is a confident young lady, with a lot of potential in her. She possess good public speaking skills. We came back home and the rest of the day watching church movies. Later that evening, some boys from another apartment complex came over and played games with us. It was a great evening, and this is only the begining of my idaho experience.

Labels: