Sunday, October 01, 2006

This past weekend the Singapore Malaysia Club here in BYU-Hawaii had our opening social. In view of the mid-autume festival, we have decided plan our activities around this festival. We had mooncake and lantern making. It was a huge success, and all of a sudden, everyone seem to be interested in our club. (Hmm) I wonder if it is because of the mooncakes or was it lantern? Please do not get me wrong but I have never really seen so many people turn up for an activity before. It was always the few Singaporeans and Malaysians that would turn up, but this time, there were Mongolians, Americans, Taiwanese and some others. It was a memorable evening.

I planned out some games as well. We played Mingle. If you have never played it before you should, because it is a fuss free game and there is no limit to the number people that can play the game, but for some reasons, please make sure you are between the age of 19 and 91 for safety reasons. (Just kidding)

Everyone will get into a huge space and move around. I will shout out a number and they will need to get into groups , the person that fail to get into a group will be disqualified from the group. This goes on until the last person remains. So we got to a point in the game where there is only 4 boys and a girl left. Paul was in the game and they refuse to get away from each other, I had to shout for them to space out, and so I shouted, "Paul space out!!!" and he heard it as FOUR!!" He reached out to grab those boys and pushed the girl away... Of course the righteous person (Just kidding) that I am had to interfer, and so I did and he claim he could not hear me and laugh even louder... weird boy!!!

Overall it was a success, and I really enjoy my time with the other Singaporeans and Malaysians. It brought me closer to them, and it was a comforting feeling.