Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Interesting happenings with Utah and world

I have got the most interesting compliment today from Ed. I have never hear of any of such compliment, however he said I have got a good aura about me, and pardon me, but what does this mean? He promptly assured me that it meant something good, in fact so good that not even beauty pale in comparison to it. He said it is something about poise, and elegance. I almost burst out laughing. Anyway, I do not really care, because I have hear this compliment from many others, umpteen times in fact, and I have yet to figure out exactly what is this aura they are describing at all.

Moving on to something more puzzling was how I could not understand why do Utah girls insist on getting married once they turn 18. I jhad a conversation with A the other night, during our conversation I mentioned I am not ready for marriage and would rather stay singlefor a little longer however if the prospect of dating someone interesting presents itself, I shall not decline it. Her reply was quick and sharp. In her words, I quote, "Don't be silly, of course you are ready for marriage."

For a majority of women from Utah, they cannot seem to picture living life out as a young adult. For them it seem only logical to get hitch and run to the temple with a man once they turn 18 years of age. For me it seem bizzare and mind blowing however what I cannot understand is why are they so interested in the prospect of marriage. Why do not they want to live their life out as a single adult, and enjoy those few precious years before marriage?

My friend A, is dealing with such a problem right now. In my words, she is experiencing "young adulthood crisis". She seem a little too desperate for marriage. She confess that she has never expected to live her life out as a single young adult, and with little or no imminent marriage prospect and now being forced by the circumstance of her life, she is left with little or no option, but to do what is required for "survival".

In some ways, I could see how one can be left clueless and wondering about life when what you expect did not happen as planned, however in the words of Bridget Jones, "I believe happiness is possible, even if you have bottoms the size of two bowling balls."