Friday, August 18, 2006

Good times...

I need to say, this past summer has been extremely thought liberating for me. I have had misconception about people, religion, and many other things, but amongst it all, I had a severe misconception about 18 year old Utah blondes. Notice the word, "had". Well I had, now I have mild misconceptions.

When I found out that A was going to be my roommate and that she was only 18 years old, I was a little wary of her. I wonder how we would turn out as friends and more importantly I am worry sick that she might be one of those "I-need-to-be-marry-by-21" Utah girls. I do not want such a roommate and I got more than what I had expected. More than anything, she has been a great example to me in everyway. I am constantly amazed by her optimism and her ability to love. She wrote me a note before she left earlier today and said she has been greatly blessed by our friendship. I shed a tear when I read the note. As much as I would like to agree with it, I need to say however that she has been a blessing for me this summer. I love her!!! Best Roommate I have ever had!!!!

I called my best friend last night and chatted for 2 hours. She was shocked to recieve a call from me. This is because I have never called her in Singapore before. I have known Ling for 8 years now and she has been a great friend. I would not trade our friendship for shopping bags although I am a shopping addict. We talked about good times in high school and more interestingly, it has been wonderfully refreshing to reminiscence those high school days which are gone and past. I was the nerd/geek in class, more interestingly was the fact that I am the only one who got a scholarship to Hawaii for school. Well I guess, pays to be a nerd/geek. Nerds are attractive, at least to me they are. There is just something about those glasses that I cannot get enough of.

Anyways, on to more serious things. I have decide upon somethings and they are...

1. I need to get out of Hawaii for Christmas
Where is Christina heading?
Maybe... Florida, Phillidephia, Utah or Singapore

2. I am going to save up as much money as possible.
3. Save up $800 for my flight out of Hawaii.
4. Study hard and work on being a more attractive nerd (Just kidding)
5. Talk and get to know more people
6. Need to stop hanging around the computer trying to doing my shopping online...
7. Achieve all of the above.

Wish me luck!!!