Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Memory Lane

I know I have once again fall into the bottomless pit. Alas, this is what happens when I am busy.

This past two months have been exciting and strenuous for me. I have never been so tired and busy in my whole entire life. My life took on a drastic change ever since I moved to Hawaii.

I have said many times before that I am a city lass, and this reality has been reinforced into my being even more now. The desire to be different from everyone else has never been greater. For the first time, I realize the difference I hold, even though we are amongst church members here in BYU-Hawaii.

I find myself making a special effort to be different, and I have done so through my speech, action and fashion sense. There is nothing wrong with the American culture, however I am not contended with merely blending into the culture. I want to be different and I sought out different ways and means to do so. I do not know if people recognize it, and I do not care.

I was browsing through some picture yesterday and I stumbled upon Nathan’s pictures. Nathan and I met through some peculiar coincidence. He is from the UK. He had light brown hair and had eyes the color of honey hazel. He stands at 5' 10".

As I browsed though the pictures, my mind raced back to the time we met and how much fun we had. He had an adventurous spirit. I love being around him. He sets me at ease.

I remember I had try to keep in contact with him but somehow I failed, for he never did mail my friend back, and I never got to having his email. Perhaps it was due to the answer I gave him before he board the plane bound for home. In moments of silliness coupled with overwhelming tiredness, I had blurted out a foolish answer which was unintended. He asked what I thought of him, and I had told him he had a good spirit, translation – You are a ugly nice man… That was stupid of me. That answer was never meant to be taken that way, what I meant was, I like being around you, and I like you. I had wanted to tell him that I like him a lot, even now but I lacked the courage to tell him.

I never told this to anyone... and now I am letting the cat out.