Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas is coming....

So I am told I had better update my blog before it collects dust again.

This week has been hectic and plain destructive. Classes were officially over this last week and in came the finals week. Everyone had their noses buried in their books, and I am included too.

Part of me was glad that classes were finally over and that the semester has finally ended, but the other part wished for something else. The semester went by so fast, I have not even get to know anyone around me and now we are all going our separate ways again. It is bitter sweet.

The campus is almost empty now that everyone left for the Christmas break! I wish I could go home too, unfortunately I am being bound by the scholarship. I am bitter about it, and on the other hand I need to be proud. I am a scholar… I have a full right scholarship, everything is being paid for. I am an intelligent girl. I am grateful for this scholarship, but I still I could go home.

It is during times like these that I miss home most. I miss living in the city. I miss my family and most of all my brother and everything that I had grown up with. This Christmas season, I am going to take up a new interest and do something for myself. Here is to everyone who needs to spend their Christmas away from home. Let us all make this experience worth while!