Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Cononut bead anyone?!

While cleaning up the Luau last night, I came across a piece of paper on the floor, as I picked it up and look at what was written, I realized, written upon the paper was the recipe of the Tahitian coconut bread. I cannot believe it. This is my favorite bread.

I decided I will be nice and share it with you, so you can all make this bread, and have a little experience with Polynesian food.

This is all you need :

2 Cups Fresh Grated Coconut
4 Cups of Flour
2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
1.5 Cups of Sugar
1.5 Cups of Water

This what you need to do :

Combine fresh grated coconut, sugar and water.
Blend flour and baking powder together.
Mix all ingredients to a doughy texture adding little flour as ned so it is not too sticky.
Wrap in aluminum foil and bake in oven at 350 for an 60 to 90 minutes.

This recipe makes 5 loaves of bread. Enjoy!!!