Monday, October 24, 2005

Golden Jubilee

This past week has been fairly crazy. A crazy roller coaster ride I would termed it. Aside from all the homework my professors would pile on me, we had the Golden Jubilee celebration.

We have had so many different activities. We had Gladys Knight came over and present us with a concert and a devotional where we had gospel music. The devotional was simple spectacular. It was unlike anything at all that I have ever seen. It did brought out the spirit of felicity and jubilee. At the end of the devotional, everyone gave a standing ovation to her. She deserved it.

I am glad to be part of this Golden Jubilee celebration. It brought out so strongly the spirit. Prior to the celebration, the months that proceeded, we were reminded several times of President Mckay’s prophecy of BYU-Hawaii as an institution of higher learning where upon this institute would produce man and woman who will go forth out of this world, with their presence would be felt for good and towards the establishment of international peace. How great this prophecy this is. How great a vision and how privilege I am to be able to be part of all this.

Our stake president came and visited, and I get to take them out for lunch. It was a great lunch. We talked about many things, and in some ways it did broaden my perspective of some things.

I attended most of the activities except on days when I had to work. One of my favorite item was the flag raising ceremony. BYU-Hawaii has the largest international student body population. The campus represents students from some seventy six different nations from all over the world. We had European nations, South America and Asia Pacific.

This was the second time I had seen the Singapore flag been up, and the first time for the Danish flag since no one from Denmark came over.. I was so proud it. MB and I took each stood underneath our flag poles and took pictures of it. It was just a moment which we wish to commemorate. I love been here. It is truly a special place.