Thursday, September 01, 2005

Misadventures of an oriental lass

Me not blogging is a sign of my busy social life. Probably busy is not the right word for it. I have been tied up preparations for fall semester. There is so much to do yet so little time.

Before fall semester began, I draw up a to-do list. So this is how it goes.


A back pack for school, something for my to dump my books in.

A new purse. My Mango purse is dying on me The handles are fraying

2 under shirts. Most of shirts are so short, they do not cover my torso well enough.
I need an undershirt to layer over it.

Books! Order my books online. (As a matter of fact, I have done just that.
But it seems, I am not getting any of them until the 23rd of September.)

REST well before the first day of class.


I did all of the above, except for the last one.

MB and I went to downtown Honolulu and decided we would get each of our own individual supplies there. We went to the malls, and Walmart, and got all we need. I admit we were carried away by shopping, and forget all about the time and missed the 9pm bus. As a result we waited a hour for the bus to come around again. With my nose constantly running and our limbs weak and void of any strength we were struggling to make the best out of our situation.

Finally the bus arrived. I thought we were safe, but to our disappointment the bus broke down with flat tire. It is now 11pm, Tuesday night on September 30th, and we are stranded in the middle of no where with 15 other people. We waited for another hour before another bus arrives to save us all.

I looked toward MB and said “ NO! this cannot be happening! Tomorrow is the start of fall semester and here we are stranded in the middle of no where.” In reply MB took out her camera and suggest we start taking pictures. She thought there isn’t a better time than such to take funny pictures of the both of us.

We didn’t take any pictures. None of us has the strength for that.

Needless to say we arrive back onto campus at a ghostly time of 1am.

The lesson of the day… Make sure you follow strictly with your to-do list. Never go anywhere on the island unless you have a car and you are confident that you would get back on time. NEVER miss the bus here in Hawaii. Never take the last bus!!!