Friday, September 23, 2005

Genealogy Trace

Lately I have had been feeling rather perplexed. I seem to have no actual inkling as to what is my genealogy. Everyone in my reglion class seem to be able to trace their genealogy back to some woman or man, but for me, there seem to be no progress for me at all.

The only information I obtained from the “trusty” internet says that my last name traces back to Irish, Czech and Chinese heritage. I managed to obtain another piece of information from my dad. He told me a little about his heritage. I learn from him and my fraternal grandmother that we have some relatives in Hong Kong so in other words, part of me belongs to Hong Kong too. I am glad to know that. At least part of me belongs somewhere; I can say that with pride and know for a certainty that all of it is true. However I do want to believe in the information I obtained from the internet but it just seem all too conflicting the information my dad gave me.

I never thought I would be able to solve this whole mystery until yesterday. I paid Parson a visit in his office. Something we discussed in religion class. I thought I would just do that. It was the best experience of my life. I came so close to unraveling my genealogy. I do indeed have Chinese, Irish and Czech heritage. (I am not saying so because I want to be special and have European heritage. There is no point in it.)

All of this is too complicated.