Thursday, July 21, 2005

A writer? Am I?

For the past few days I have been searching for new blogging sites. I do not know why I am doing this. I have never stayed on any blogging sites for more than a year. This QT my best friend who resides in Huston could testify to. Is that an average life span of a blogger? I do not know, however I am looking for an answer to my question.

I did a search on Yahoo! Search engine, and was left with few options. The search only yields political blogs of various individuals. Individuals who can write things that would appeal to the taste of the masses. I venture into some of those blogs, but got discourage very quickly. I marvel at their ability to word and express their feelings so aptly.

I realize for the first time, that I have not the skills to write at all. I am typing now and I can hear the sounds of my keyboard and I can see all of these appearing on my screen, but all this does not mean a thing to me.

I yearn to write something that people will read, however I am never good with writing such things, I never know what interest people. I am never good with making conversations with people, although Luke and many of my other friends would disagree.

D says I am always too critical, he says I have got the curse of the writer. I like the sound of it. The curse of a writer, I am a writer. Am I? I want to be a writer, and yet I am always confronted with the fear of not being able to write. I hate to stare blankly at the screen and wonder what I should write. I hate to think that no one is reading my blog.

I do not know why. I write emails with ease, and when it comes to writing something formal, I am left with emptiness in my head. How can I write with ease?