Sunday, July 31, 2005

World trotter anyone?!

I do not know about you, but I feel weird and out of sort whenever another woman compliments me. I feel happy, and there is no doubt to that, but at the same time I feel uncomfortable as well.

Lately I have been receiving so many compliments from my fellow species that I blushed at every compliment.

I know I am beautiful and that I am capable of many things in life, but to have another woman affirmed that for me is just mind blowing. I have had many people encourage me, but few times do I receive encouragement from another woman.

I had a conversation with P the other night and the topic of our discussion drifted to genealogy. I told him that some years back I did a search of my genealogy search on my last name, however it yield some strange results. The results says that I have got Chinese, Irish and Czech ancestry. How unique.

I remember looking into the mirror, examining my looks. I remember telling my friends, and the first comment they made were, “You have neither Irish eyes, nor do you have any European features in you, but you are definitely a beauty.”

Another said, “You do look Asian, however you do not look like a Chinese, I never thought you were a Chinese.”

This shocked me a little. I have never have thought that some one would remarked that I am not a Chinese. They thought that I am a Singaporean and that it is also a racial group too. I laugh upon hearing it…

I wanted to say how stupid they are, but I was reminded right then how big the world is, and much of it I haven’t seen.

Some day I will see it.