Monday, July 25, 2005

London Shooting

This morning was a rather perplexing one. MB and I went for breakfast and we had some other people come and sat with us. At first it was interesting. We talked about every other sort of things, and then things turned interesting.

We began to discuss about Utah. We talked about how Utah is different from the rest of the world, and how living in a Mormon populated state would generate some unique stereotypes of people.

For example, if you asked to go to a club and dance in Utah, people would frown at the decision, and they would think you are a drug addict of some kind. I laugh at the thought of it, but then I pause to think for a moment, and for a little while it made perfect sense to me why they would arrive at such a perception.

Asides all of this, I must confess, I am getting rather uncomfortable with the thought of people ignoring me whenever people come over and talk to MB and then thrust me aside after they pass the mandatory move of asking for my name. I puzzled about why people would be more interested in getting to know MB and not me. Is there something wrong with me?

I feel a shudder when I read the London Shooting. An innocent man was shot five time in his head, and yet there is not a sound explanation to offer for such an action. I cannot think how cold people can be, and how we could conveniently blame others for the choices we make.

There should be some kind of explanation to it, other than the terrorist activities in this world.