Sunday, July 10, 2005

I am an islander

January 11th, 2005, I found out that I was accepted to Brigham Young University - Hawaii. Since then I have been contemplating about my plans.

It is interesting, with the invention of modern technology the world seem to have shrink. Humans could easily send a message to another in a matter of seconds. We no longer shun at the idea of talking to a complete stranger. You have never met them before, and we call them our friends. We even muse at how incredible all of this is. Webcams are now the "in" way of meeting friends.

There is even a family who lives down the street who is possibly the only family I know to hold Family Home Evening over a conference call.Our love lives too has changed. Suddenly the possiblity of finding a spouses escalate a hundred fold. Our playground in love is the world. We are reminded constantly that he/she could be anywhere, and not just the city we live in.

How amazing.I am going to college, I am going to change, but however I am still an islander.